4.07.2008

Dustin Pedroia: What's the deal?

Look... I'm a Yankees fan. But I'd like to consider myself an intelligent one. I'm not one of those that hates all Red Sox players, or one who thinks the Yankees can do no wrong... I evaluate what I see, and judge it.

And AS a Yankees fan, I actually really like Dustin Pedroia. His approach at the plate, the way he plays with a high level of intensity... But these kinda quotes make me question his demeanor:

“I’m tired of hearing that (expletive),” Dustin Pedroia said. “Yeah, we had to go to Japan and yeah, we had a 19-day road trip, but that’s the schedule, we have to accept it, no excuses. We played like (expletive) for three games and got our (butt) kicked,how’s that?”
I mean, I understand, that's him. He's passionate and all. But those kind of words don't need to be thrown around because you got swept in April. Kids look up to you. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think these kind of quotes are just not necessary. Keep it classy Dusty.

No comments: